Monday 26 March 2012

Fountain progress and Water


Created the base for the fountain. I haven't been able to find any decent fountains yet. On-line research hasn't found much either and the library only had one book on fountains that wasn't that useful. from what I did find was how the base of fountains are made. I know I want to have jets of water come from the bottom bowl. This is the reason for the shape. out of all the fountains I have looked at, I found this shape to be the most interesting as it combines rounded and angular shapes.

The water is my second attempt as I made the shader for the water we had in our group project. This one uses cube map reflection instead of real time reflections. This will save memory and boot performance. I didn't feel it necessary as its such a small volume of water. Plus ill be having reflections on one of my buildings. UDK doesn't like to have to many real time reflection in the same scene so making sure to keep to just one is a must.

Also as the water is very erratic the reflection is hard to see. Its looks a little strange at the moment to have the water move so much. the reason for this is I will be including particle effects that will be hitting the water thus creating large ripples across its surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment